Janitor Needed In Manchester at Exide Technologies!
Must perform all cleaning functions of building and janitorial services to ensure hygienic and presentable locker rooms, restrooms, break room, offices, and smoke shack. Such coverage includes all plant and office janitorial needs, cleaning respirators, cleaning floors, window washing, stripping and waxing floors, trash disposal, cardboard disposal, becoming licensed to operate the floor scrubber, laundering employee issued apparel for which cleaning services are not utilized. Specific work areas and specific duties will be assigned but these may be modified as needed to ensure coverage needs are met.
Exide Technologies offers a strong benefit package that includes the following:
Apply online or text plantjobs to 97211 to begin your pre-screening process!
1. Requires frequent standing with repetitious lifting of up to 50 lbs. with frequent bending and turning required. Must be able to sit for up to 4 hours, while operating scrubber.
2. May be required to manage inventory levels for some employee or janitorial supplies such as soap, paper towels, employee shower towels, etc. to ensure these products are always on hand.
3. Must be able to understand and communicate in simple English to receive training instruction and perform team responsibilities.
4 Must be able to perform job duties with a minimum of direct supervision.
5. Must follow safety and health procedures for the protection of self and fellow workers.
6. May be exposed to hazardous chemicals including lead, sulfuric acid, solvents and other cleaning agents.
7. May perform other miscellaneous duties inherent to the job.
8. Should have excellent attendance and must comply with the company attendance policy and reporting procedures.
9. Must adhere to plant policies and procedures depicted in the employee handbook as well as conform to accepted general practices and conduct
10. Pick up and bale cardboard and plastic as required.
11. May perform painting, trash pick up outside, ladder/step stool climbing, cleaning trenches and other duties as required.
12. Operates sit down forklift as required to move material.
13. Must maintain clean work area. Will perform daily house cleaning task such as sweeping, mopping, washing, painting, empty waste containers, etc.
14. Will be required to cover shifts due to vacation or employee absence. Must be able to work weekends as needed.
Normal Operating Procedures Include the Following:
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.